tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Hencin" <michael.hen...@edm-concepts.com>
Subject RE: Manager deploy uploaded war - doesn't use the /WEB-INF/context.xml
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:34:10 GMT
Hello

I noticed this thread and have a follow up question. I know I can leave the
path out of my META-INF/context.xml file, but I still have a docbase, and
working dir values. In my original war file I have a context file with;

<Context crossContext="true" docBase="mywebapp" path="/mywebapp"
privileged="true" workDir="work\Catalina\localhost\mywebapp">

Is there some way I can "varibalize" the end of those to match the war file
name?

I find myself using the same war file, but renaming it, and dropping it into
webapps to create new instance. For instance, I rename the war file
mywebapp1, mywebapp2, etc...creating context for all those that I can
connect to.

BUT I then need to hand edit the xml in conf/Catalina/localhost/

To have;

<Context crossContext="true" docBase="mywebapp1" path="/mywebapp1"
privileged="true" workDir="work\Catalina\localhost\mywebapp1">

So what I would like is have a context file that will put the proper entires
into the context element, based on the war file name.

Mike