tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Roel De Nijs" <>
Subject Betr.: RE: From Tomcat 5.0.28 to 5.5.20
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:17:21 GMT
OK, i did read it --> conclusion: you don't have to set it. so i adjusted my web-app.xml
by deleting the path-attribute, resulting in:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<!-- Tomcat AquaGis4Web Context -->
<Context displayName="AquaGis4Web" docBase="AquaGis4Web" debug="2" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
 <ResourceLink name="jdbc/db" global="jdbc/db" type="java.lang.String" />
but still getting the "A docBase C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat AG4W\webapps\AquaGis4Web
inside the host appBase has been specified, and will be ignored" - message

>>> "Caldarale, Charles R" <> 10/10/2006 15:45 >>>

> From: Roel De Nijs []
> Subject: From Tomcat 5.0.28 to 5.5.20
> i want to migrate from tomcat 5.0 to tomcat 5.5, but it's not
> going very smoothly.
> but i'm very confused with the contexts.
> any tips, hints, suggestions, remarks

For a start, read the 5.5 doc for <Context>, in particular the
description of the path attribute:

"The value of this field must not be set except when statically defining
a Context in server.xml, as it will be infered [sic] from the filenames
used for either the .xml context file or the docBase."

- Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: