tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Roel De Nijs" <roel.den...@aquafin.be>
Subject From Tomcat 5.0.28 to 5.5.20
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:12:34 GMT
Hi all,

i want to migrate from tomcat 5.0 to tomcat 5.5, but it's not going very smoothly.

i noticed that the <Logger>-tag isn't valid anymore, so i deleted it out of server.xml
and use log4j instead.

but i'm very confused with the contexts. i keep getting this warning/info-message: "A docBase
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat AG4W\webapps\AquaGis4Web inside the host
appBase has been specified, and will be ignored"
i tried a lot of things, but none of the ones i tried let disappear that message. and if i
succeed in letting disappear that message, i can't access my application anymore.

i have (like in tomcat 5.0.28) a xml-file under conf/[engine]/[host] with the name of my web-application.
content of the file:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<!-- Tomcat AquaGis4Web Context -->
<Context path="/AquaGis4Web" docBase="AquaGis4Web" debug="2" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
 <ResourceLink name="jdbc/db" global="jdbc/db" type="java.lang.String" />
</Context>

my server.xml contains 2 global jndi resources (db to authenticate users, connection to sql-db)
and 1 engine with 1 host. so it looks like this:
<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
 <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener" />
 <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener" />
 <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener" />
 <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreConfigLifecycleListener"/>

 <!-- Global JNDI resources -->
 <GlobalNamingResources>
  <!-- Editable user database that can also be used by UserDatabaseRealm to authenticate
users -->
  <Resource
   name="UserDatabase"
   auth="Container"
   type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
   pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml"
  />

  <!-- database Tomcat 5.5 -->
  <Resource
   name="jdbc/db"
   auth="Container"
   type="javax.sql.DataSource"
   driverClassName="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"
   url="***"
   username="***"
   password="***"
   maxActive="20"
   maxIdle="5"
   maxWait="10"
   removeAbandoned="true"
   removeAbandonedTimeout="5"
   logAbandoned="true"
  />
 </GlobalNamingResources>

 <!-- Define the Tomcat Stand-Alone Service -->
 <Service name="Catalina">
  <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->
  <Connector
   port="8080"
   maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
   maxThreads="150"
   minSpareThreads="25"
   maxSpareThreads="75"
   enableLookups="false"
   redirectPort="8443"
   acceptCount="100"
   connectionTimeout="20000"
   disableUploadTimeout="true"
  />

  <Connector
   port="8009"
   enableLookups="false"
   redirectPort="8443"
   protocol="AJP/1.3"
  />

  <!-- Define the top level container in our container hierarchy -->
   <Realm
    className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"
    resourceName="UserDatabase"
   />

   <Host
    name="localhost"
    appBase="webapps"
    unpackWARs="true"
    autoDeploy="true"
    xmlValidation="false"
    xmlNamespaceAware="false"
   />
  </Engine>
 </Service>
</Server>

which adjustments i have to do to get rid of that message but still be able to access my web-application.

any tips, hints, suggestions, remarks,... are welcome
thanks a lot for your time

With kind regards
Roel

Disclaimer: zie www.aquafin.be