tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Miguel Correia Ricardo" <miguelcrica...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat Embedded and Server.xml
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:16:40 GMT
Hello,

I'm having a doubt that is bugging me. And I need to solve it also.
Everywhere I look, it says that by using Tomcat Embedded I don't need
the server.xml configuration file. Ok, I can understand why... But,
what about the Connector ports, how do I know at advance wich one are
busy or not... I want to be able to use Tomcat Embedded and still use
the server.xml configuration file, for the most various reasons, one
of them is to define the Connector ports.

Is there any class in the tomcat *.jars that will help me achieve it
easily? Or I have to follow the same thing that Catalina is doing,
that is, creating a Digest object, set the Sax rules, and so on...

Hope you can help. And thanks in advance.

My best regards,
Miguel Correia Ricardo