tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Björkman <peter.bjork...@josh.se>
Subject Uniquely identifying an servlet runner instance...
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:20:48 GMT

I need to store in our database (along with other information) which of our servers that made
the save. Is it possibly to dynamically find a property that identifies it? Or will I have
to have separate web.xmls with init parameters that I can use? The purpose is to be able to
see (in the database) on what server/instance a user is logged on.

The server name is not really enough, we could run multiple Tomcats on the same machine.

Regards
Peter Björkman