tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Shared Library Files in Tomcat 6.0?
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 21:49:04 GMT
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html
catalina classloader disappeared as well..
???
M-
This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information
for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or
copying of it or its
contents
----- Original Message -----
From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 5:25 PM
Subject: RE: Shared Library Files in Tomcat 6.0?

> From: S_Ewing [mailto:java_developer99@yahoo.com]
> Subject: RE: Shared Library Files in Tomcat 6.0?
>
> Thanks. So from what I understand, I don't have an option in
> TC 6 that maps to the $CATALINA_BASE/shared/{classes, lib}
> in all previous versions, and would necessarily have to have
> multiple copies of a jar file if it is required by different
> web applications in the same container... Hmm.

Webapps are supposed to be independent, but I suppose you could go ahead
and put the shared classes in $CATALINA_HOME/lib, or modify the startup
scripts to add another repository to the ones used for the -cp value.
Not sure why the shared classloader was dropped - might have been in the
interest of performance.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.