tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Very basic web server hosting question
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:41:57 GMT
Canada-
record the dynamic IP that the Tomcat server is running on and have the other boxes reference
that IP in browser
e.g.
Tomcat server = 192.168.1.100
now other machines reference by going to
http://192.168.1.100:8080
if you dont want IPs then publish a hosts file somewhere e.g

/hosts
192.168.1.100 tomcatserver
127.0.0.1 tomcatserver
http://tomcatserver:8080

assuming u dont have bind/dns installed..
make sure the top entry is updated in each and every hosts file on each of the machine's on
the network

M-
This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information
for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or
copying of it or its
conte