tomcat-users mailing list archives

From René Schade ...@hypergenic.dk>
Subject Problems configuring a <Context path="xx"> using Apache/Tomcat
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 08:17:48 GMT
Hi List,

I'm running Apache 2.0, Tomcat 5.5.17, jdk 1.5

I'm upgrading from Apache 1.3 Tomcat 3.* jdk 1.4

In my Apache log file I have the following:

        JkMount /manager* foo

        JkMount /servlets/* foo

The manager application works fine, when typing the URL

http://website/manager/html

Everything is ok, the manager application is launched.

Now I'm trying to install an application on the path /servlets/myapplication. The Context
file looks like this:

<Context  reloadable="true" path="/servlets/myapplication/" docBase="${catalina.home}/home/schade/myapplication/"
debug="5" allowoverride="true">

                    prefix="kvisremote_by_schade." suffix=".txt"

                                 pattern="common"/>

</Context>

Typing a URL like http://website/servlets/myapplication/testfile.html does not trigger this
context. I've made a similar Valve for the manager-application, and here every request to
the manager Context is logged. Logging the <host> verifies that requests sent to http://website/servlets/kvisremote
are sent to the host, but it does not seam to know which context to forward the request to.

I guess it has something to do with the path-attribute. A similar solution worked fine on
the old server...

I've been struggling with this for a while now, so any kinds of suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,
René