tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Response already committed
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 20:39:16 GMT
> From: Dan Adams [mailto:dan@ifactory.com]
> Subject: Response already committed
>
> I'm getting a problem that appears to occur randomly. If I request the
> same page in my webapp over and over most of the time it will come up
> fine but sometimes tomcat won't return anything and I'll get a blank
> page and this error in the log:
>
> Oct 3, 2006 4:20:22 PM org.apache.jk.core.MsgContext action
> INFO: Response already committed

Any chance that the logic in your servlet is not thread-safe?
Repeatedly submitting requests could get more than one going at the same
time, causing improperly scoped variables to be overwritten.  For
example, is request-specific data being stored in the session?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.