tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Asensio, Rodrigo" <rodrigo.asen...@gilbarco.com>
Subject RE: Memory problem in Tomcat
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:12:22 GMT
Are you doing a POST, right ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Inma Marín López [mailto:inma@dif.um.es]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 9:12 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RV: Memory problem in Tomcat

Hello,

I have a web service running in Tomcat (v 5.5.4) + axis (v 1.2). It receives a file and it
makes some operations with that file. When receiving small files (<2Mb) the web service
executes successfully; however, with files of bigger size, the service throws InvocationTargetException
(the service is unable to invoke a particular method) or even goes out of memory.

For those big files, I have tried to change the value of "OPT=-Xmx128M", within 'workers2.properties'
file in /log directory in Tomcat, and made it bigger, testing with different values (currently,
it has value "-Xmx8388608M"), but I get the same results.

Could you be so kind as to tell me if it is a matter of memory configuration in Tomcat and
how can I solve it, please?

Thank you very much in advance.

immediately.