tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mário Gamito" <gam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: war file
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:37:57 GMT
Hi David,

On 10/31/06, David Delbecq <delbd@oma.be> wrote:

> I bet you put a .war file an expected to see the site working. It's not
> that easy :)
>
> The easiest way to deploy you .war in tomcat is to go to the manager
> webapp (http://<your host>:<your port>/manager/html) and use the
> 'deploy' part.

It asks me for a login and a password which i don't know :(
I've defined a user with the admin role in tomcat-users.xml, but they're not
the right credentials :(

The one thing i've done was placing the .war file in the webapps directory,
then restart the server.
This way, it created a new directory with all the files.
Unfortunatelly, i get a 404.

I've copied this directory to webapps/ROOT, but got the 404 all the same.

Any ideas ?

Best Regards,
Mário Gamito