tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alan Burlison" <alan.burli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing defaultHost from localhost to a FQDN
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:28:26 GMT
On 27/10/06, Pid <p@pidster.com> wrote:
> And try adding <Alias>myhost.com</Alias>, instead of changing the host
> name.  The latter changes expected dir locations too, which is probably
> why your app is broken.

I suspect you are right - I renamed the directories under Catalina
from localhost to the FQDN when I made the change, but it still
doesn't work.  And if I try invoking a JSP by its full path, I get a
classNotFoundException.

The really annoying thing is the Tomcat documentation shows FQDN names
being used, yet it doesn't actually work unless you use 'localhost' -
if you need to make other changes when you change the host name, they
should really be called out in the docs.

--
Alan Burlison