tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Goykhman, Boris" <Boris.Goykh...@amex.com>
Subject RE: How to stop using catalina.out with Tomcat 5.5.9?
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 13:08:05 GMT
Slight correction:  log output is appended to both catalina.out and
log4j log, and I wanna get rid of catalina.out output.

________________________________

From: Goykhman, Boris
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 6:01 PM
To: 'users@tomcat.apache.org'
Subject: How to stop using catalina.out with Tomcat 5.5.9?

Hi

I am using Tomcat 5.5.9 with Log4J. I want to stop using catalina.out
as logging output and only use log4j files instead.  However, no matter
what I do Tomcat keeps appending log4j outputs to catalina.out.
According to Tomcat documentation, only System.out and System.err
output goes there.  I set up my log4j logging according to this
document:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html

*The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential and/or proprietary.
If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized agent of an intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately.