tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "ying lcs" <ying...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about hot deployment on Tomcat
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:44:22 GMT
I am reading the hot deployment on Tomcat here,

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/deployer-howto.html#Deploying%20on%20a%20running%20Tomcat%20server

And I have a few questions about the update case:
1. It said 'the Host will attempt to deploy and update web
applications dynamically, as needed'.  What happens if the Host fails
to update the web application?

2. What happens when there are sessions running the code of the old
webapp at the time of updating the new one? Will the update fail? Or
the host will defer the update automatically untill the session
running the old webapp is done.

3.If I have the following cases, will the Host trigger a re-deployment:
  - new html/images files in WAR file
  - new class files in WAR file
  - some class files but new methods

Thank you for any help.