tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: error while running a webapp
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 14:24:13 GMT
On 10/6/06, David Smith <dns4@cornell.edu> wrote:
> A word of caution -- autoReconnect=true is more a hack than a solution.
> Recent experience of users in another list I'm on suggest it's really
> hit or miss whether it actually recovers a stale connection or not.

I don't recall ever having a problem with it (what list was that on, BTW?)
but now revisiting the Connector/J doc
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/connector-j-reference-configuration-properties.html>
I notice use of autoReconnect is "not recommended" and there's also a
"autoReconnectForPools" -- any experience with that?

> It's best in a design pattern to implement a connection pool,,,

Of course.

> As far as the OP's problem is concerned, some additional information
> like relevant log and code excerpts would be most helpful.

Uh, did you look at the log excerpt in the referenced PDF? :-)