tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: mod_jk configuration
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:21:57 GMT
Bruno,

> when I try
> http://localhost/jsp-examples http://localhost/jsp-examples  (without the /)
> I get this error:
>
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /jsp-examples on this server.
> Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an
> ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It looks like you have Indexes turned off for this directory/location in
httpd.conf, or you don't have an index.html (or whatever) file there to
display.

In that case, it's not surprising that Apache httpd is generating this
error (note that it's httpd, not Tomcat, that is generating the error).

If you want Tomcat to respond to requests for the URI with no trailing
slash, you'll have to map that explicitly.

> Here's my jk.conf (/etc/apache2/conf.d/jk.conf):
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/3907/jk.conf jk.conf

I'm guessing that was a copy/paste error. Let me guess what you have in
jk.conf:

JkMount /jsp-examples/*       worker1
and/or
JkMount /jsp-examples/*.jsp   worker1

Since "/jsp-examples" does not match "/jsp-examples/*", your mappings
are failing. You'll need to add something like:

JkMount /jsp-examples         worker1

Hope that helps,
-chris