tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stephan Schöffel <>
Subject Re: Howto continue TimerTask after Tomcat Server was restarted
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:47:06 GMT
maybe you could put your timertask in an servlets init() method and the
put <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> in the web.xml of that servlet
which makes the the servle load on startup (who would hav guessed) and
therefore call init()

Dort Wach wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>I have a TimerTask. I start it manually (on a jsp page) and it execute a method every
one hour.
>If someone restart Tomcat server, the TimerTask won't be executed any more. I have to
start it manually again. Go to the page an click start button.
>Is there a possibility, to start my TimerTask automatically, when the Tomcat server was
>Maybe there is some configuration in web.xml or something like that?
>Like in Windows XP, if I copy some script in startup...
>Thanks in advance.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: