tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.20 library problems
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:26:20 GMT
Alessandro,

> I'm working with 5.5.20 version, on a SuSE linux (both 10 and 10.1).
> I've found library problems in libraries in "common/lib".

What do you mean, "problems"?

> I've changed these libraries with the ones found on a 5.5.17 version an all
> work fine...Is that a bug???

Generally, it is not considered a bug when everything works fine ;)
You'll need to be more specific about your problems.

> This is the stack trace:
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: <h3>Validation error messages from
> TagLibraryValidator for c in /common/templates/publicPage.jsp</h3><p>null:

> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1b) was
> found in the CDATA section.</p><h3>Validation error messages from
> TagLibraryValidator for fmt in /common/templates/publicPage.jsp</h3><p>null:

> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1b) was
> found in the CDATA section.</p>

This isn't a library problem: you have bad XML. Depending on your XML
declaration, your XML parser is choking on some character in your XML
document. Look through your document for character 0x1b (that would be
ASCII "ESC", which is often invalid) and fix it.

If you are using a text editor, make sure that you are saving the file
with the same character encoding as the XML declaration suggests.

-chris