tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Problem Using Tomcat Connector on Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:19:40 GMT
Darryl,

> After installation, I wanted to test if I
> could then view JSP pages, so I just created a temporary folder in
> the /webapps/ folder called /testing/ and dumped in helloworld.jsp.

That's not enough: you have to actually create a webapp in order for
Tomcat to deploy it. You need a META-INF/context.xml file (unless you
want to configure your context in server.xml, but my understanding is
that it's better to use context.xml).

You'll also need a WEB-INF/web.xml file.

Take a look at the "example" webapp to see some sample files.

Sorry, but just creating a directory and throwing a JSP file into it
won't cause Tomcat to auto-deploy your "webapp".

-chris