tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Courcy <michael.cou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat, Apache and mod_jk configuration
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:50:50 GMT
Hello

Here is a fragment of my server.xml

<Host name="www.verlina.com" appBase=""
               unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

         <Alias>verlina.com</Alias>
         <Alias>tique-et-puce.fr</Alias>
         <Alias>www.tique-et-puce.fr</Alias>
         <Alias>shampooing-chien.fr</Alias>
         <Alias>www.shampooing-chien.fr</Alias>

                     directory="logs"  prefix="verlina.com_access_log."
suffix=".txt"
                     pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>

            <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.valves.FastCommonAccessLogValve"
                     directory="logs"  prefix="verlina.com_access_log."
suffix=".txt"
                     pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>

        <Context path="" docBase="/home/verlina/www/" debug="0" >
            <Resource     name="jdbc/verlina" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                 maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
              removeAbandoned="true" removeAbandonedTimeout="60"
logAbandoned="true"
                 username="***" password="****"
            driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/verlina_com?autoReconnect=true"/>
                 </Context>

 </Host>

And here is a fragment of my httpd.conf

<VirtualHost 87.98.218.193>
ServerName www.verlina.com
ServerAlias verlina.com
ServerAlias tique-et-puce.fr
ServerAlias www.tique-et-puce.fr
ServerAlias shampooing-chien.fr
ServerAlias www.shampooing-chien.fr

JkMount /* ajp13

ServerAdmin webmaster@verlina.com
#DocumentRoot /home/verlina/www
User verlina
Group users

CustomLog logs/verlina-access_log combined
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/verlina/cgi-bin/
</VirtualHost>

The idea is to put the JkMount inside the virtualHost of Apache.

But discussing with Mr Caldarale, this layout is weak, even if it works.

Because if you make any change to the context, you're forced to restart
tomcat instead of just redeploying your context.

There should be a way for your app to programatticly communicate to
tomcat  the list of domain the app should handle, but I don't know how
to do that.

Cheers.

DE VINZELLES, Guillaume (ext.) a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> Here is my problem. I got a working Tomcat 5.5.20 handling 4 webapps in /var/tomcat/webapps.
I got a working Apache 2, configured with several virtualhosts.
> I managed to connect the Apache to the Tomcat using an AJP13 connector, and everything
is working fine.
> Now, I'd like to map each one of my webapps to a different virtualhost.
> For instance, I'd like that my webapp example1, which is in /var/tomcat/webapps/example1,
should be accessible through www.example1.com (and NOT www.example1.com/example1 - I've already
that working).