tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SV: Problem with filter and calling Perl-script with Tomcat 5.5.20
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:23:53 GMT
Gunnar.Bostrom@tietoenator.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> That is odd because I have the following problems:
>
> 1) When I post an ordinary form, not a multipart, no parameters will be sent to the Perl
script.

And light dawns. Sorry - should have spotted this sooner. You call
getParameterMap() in your filter which will drain stdin so there won't
be any parameters there for the CGI script to read from the POST.

A safer bet would be to add your parameter to the end of the URL as
part of the query string. I did read
http://users.easystreet.com/ovid/cgi_course/lessons/lesson_two.html
that suggested you would need to tweak your Perl implementation to
combine parameters from POST and GET.

Mark