tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Roland Carlsson <rol...@aqmlabs.se>
Subject Configure resourses for host-context
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:21:25 GMT
Hi!

In my Tomcat 5.0 installation I have a load of Resourses inside the
GlobalNamingResources. These Resources are linked inside DefaultContext
with ResourceLinks that I use inside my webapps. This have served me
well for a quite long time.

Now I face the problem that I basically have to host the same webapps
for another customer one the same server. So I have to point some of my
Resources to different databases. I could rename inside my application
but that doesn't seem like the right way to go. So I figure that instead
of using the DefaultContext I perhaps could put my ResourceLinks or even
the Resources itself inside the Host. But so far I have not been able to
make it work.

So my question: Is it possible to put Resources  or preferbly
ResourseLinks inside the Host-tag of my server.xml. I'd really like the
idea of keeping the configuration as GlobalResources and the simply tell
what each Host have the right to use.

Thank you very much
Roland Carlsson