tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: After stopping tomcat, the tomcat process still appears to be running
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:32:09 GMT
To the best of my knowlege, System.exit() is never called from within
tomcat.  Tomcat closes it's own daemon threads and then exits normally
like any other java program.  If a third party package starts it's own
thread, that package is responsible for cleaning up what it starts.
Tomcat won't exit until the threads are properly cleaned up.

--David