tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rizwan Merchant <rizwan.merch...@sysconet.ca>
Subject Re: jvm thread dump
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 05:01:33 GMT

hmmm...still having issues with this. Dont understand why..I commented
out the A1 appender and uncommented the R appender (as below). The
applications are still logging to catalina.out !! How do I stop this???
Please help!

#
# Configures Log4j as the Tomcat system logger
#

#
# Configure the logger to output info level messages into a rolling log
file.
#
log4j.rootLogger=INFO, R

#
# To continue using the "catalina.out" file (which grows forever),
# comment out the above line and uncomment the next.
#
#log4j.rootLogger=ERROR, A1

#
# Configuration for standard output ("catalina.out").
#
#log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
#log4j.appender.A1.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
#
# Print the date in ISO 8601 format
#
#log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n

#
# Configuration for a rolling log file ("tomcat.log").
#
log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.R.DatePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd
#
# Edit the next line to point to your logs directory.
# The last part of the name is the log file name.
#
log4j.appender.R.File=/usr/local/tomcat/logs/tomcat.log
#
# Print the date in ISO 8601 format
#
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n

#
# Application logging options
#
#log4j.logger.org.apache=DEBUG