tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rizwan Merchant <rizwan.merch...@sysconet.ca>
Subject Session count in tomcat manager
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 06:45:17 GMT

Hi,
I am using tomcat 5.5.15 to host 2 applications (2 contexts). I am
trying to figure out how to monitor the application statistics using the
tomcat manager.

I noticed that when I restart the tomcat server the "Active Sessions"
count for one of the applications remains the same as it was before the
server was shut down. Does this make sense? I should add that we are
using mod_jk to forward requests from apache web server to tomcat. Does
it sound like the sessions are hanging around when they actually
shouldnt? the other counts are resetting correctly, just the "active
session" that stays the same.

Below is the stats from the app I am referring to. The stats are right
after start up of tomcat. Is this normal, or do I need to look into this
further?

Thanks,
-Riz.

Start time: Thu Oct 12 02:33:55 EDT 2006 Startup time: 4 ms TLD scan
time: 0 ms
Active sessions: 81 Session count: 0 Max active sessions: 0 Rejected
session creations: 0 Expired sessions: 0 Longest session alive time: 0 s
Average session alive time: 0 s Processing time: 0 ms
JSPs loaded: 0 JSPs reloaded: 0