tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rizwan Merchant <rizwan.merch...@sysconet.ca>
Subject Re: catalina.out not rolling
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:59:21 GMT

Hi Shankar,
I am not using System.out commands in my webapps.
for some reason, the log4j messages are being appended to catalina.out

I have log4j set up in my application which sends logging output to a
specified file, but it also gets sent to catalina.out
How do I stop this?

also, is there a way to redirect the output of "kill -3 pid" command to
a specific file? or will that always go to catalina.out?

thanks,
-Riz.