tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Divick Kishore <divick.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Class not found problem with simple jsp
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 13:14:59 GMT
I am using Tomcat 5.5 and I am testing a very simple jsp deployed in
tomcat.

I have a directory structure like this :

webapps/wm/test.jsp
webapps/WEB-INF/web.xml
webapps/WEB-INF/classes/DBTest.class

and when I access http://localhost:8080/wm/test.jsp , I get the
following exception:

An error occurred at line: 7 in the jsp file: /test.jsp
Generated servlet error:
DBTest cannot be resolved to a type

An error occurred at line: 7 in the jsp file: /test.jsp
Generated servlet error:
DBTest cannot be resolved to a type

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:510)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:375)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

Please help me figure out why Tomcat is unable to pick the class file.

Thanks,
Divick