tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: How structure file
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 12:28:42 GMT
Any/all files related to your web application (including .tld files)
should be within your webapp's folder in the /webapps folder of tomcat.
No need to move any of this around.

There are however minor exceptions to this.  One of those exceptions is
if your webapp uses JNDI to access a container managed database pool.
In that case, the driver .jar file needs to be in common/lib so both the
container and your webapp have access to it.

For a complete description of /common, /shared, and /webapps ; read the
classloader howto at:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html

--David