tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Roberto Marra <rma...@montefiore.ch>
Subject How structure file
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 12:08:45 GMT

    Hello Experts,
    Im just a little confused about the structure of Tomcat folder &
    where to put the files. Under my Tomcat installation I got some
    folder like:

    /common

                     /classes
                     /endorsed
                     /i18n
                     /lib

    /shared
                /classes
                /lib

    Then I got my application folder let say

    /test
          /<myfiles>
            /WEB-INF
                          /classes
                          /lib
                          /tld

    Im confused about where to put the file.

    I got some *.jar about jstl & mysql connector, that now are in
    /common/lib, but why there & not in /shared/lib or why not in
    /test/WEB-INF/lib?

    Then what about the tld files? I puted under /test/WEB-INF/tld
    folder, but now I read that I should put this files in the
    /test/WEB-INF/lib folder within a .jar file and then I read about
    the *.jar Struts files that should be in the /test/WEB-INF folder
    and not in the /test/WEB-INF/lib folder...

    that's pretty confusing me. Can somebody of you give me some
    explanation pls?

    What at the end of the day I would like is:

    1. Understand the best configuration to run a web-application using
    just JSP & using Struts as well
    2. Understand the difference about the various folder that I
    described above.

    Thnx in advance 4 ur help
    Cheers

    Roberto