tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: AXIS: tomcat always do http compression without watch min size
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 11:14:44 GMT
you won't be able to disable the chunked encoding.

But you can disable the compression by ensure the client does NOT send a
"accept-encoding" header with the a value containing "gzip" or by using
the noCompressionUserAgents, compressableMimeType attributes on the
connector.

-Tim

wakeup wrote:
> Thanks, I think you are right. Axis don't set content-leght because it is
> sending response chunked. Where do I have to disable chunk in the axis
> server o in the client?
>
> Thankss
>

> Tim Funk wrote:
>
>> compressionMinSize only works with fixed file sizes. If axis is NOT
>> setting the ContentLength before serving back results - then
>> compressionMinSize can't be checked to see if compression can be done.
>> And then compression will be done based on the client input headers.
>>
>> -Tim
>>
>> wakeup wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have an apache tomcat 5.5.17. In my server.xml file I have put
>>>
>>> <Connector port="8080" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
>>> maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
>>> enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100"
>>> connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"