tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: the future of Tomcat... (JEE 5 and Tomcat 6)
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:39:15 GMT
Tomcat 6.0 is getting polish with respect to the docs at the moment and
there are other technical discussions as can be found on the dev list.

Tomcat will support JSP2.1. Personally  - I'm not on top of the JSF spec
but if all it requires is a JSP2.1 container - then you should be good
to go.

There is no date for release - but inertia seems like there should be an
alpha release in the coming weeks. (My opinion only - there has been NO
talk of dates on the dev list at this point)

The building on tomcat 6 is very easy so you can easily check it out
from SVN and kick the tires.

-Tim