tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Problem about css render in jsp frame page
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 16:31:25 GMT
I'm guessing you are referring to the css as a relative path -- ie
path/to/css.

If the CSS file is referred to as
${pageContext.request.contextPath}/webappRel/path/to/css, it will always
be found regardless of webapp context or servlet path. The browser
doesn't have to guess anymore. The same goes for any external resource
the page requires once it gets to the client.

--David

Propes, Barry L wrote:
> I've encountered similar problems with a session variable hitting a servlet then calling
a JSP page.

> I accounted for it by making two CSS paths -- one for the regular, initial JSP and then
a second for the calling JSP from the servlet.
> Not what I wanted to do, but it did work ok.

in the frame 、process in the server and return to the previous frame,the result is different
because I find the css doesn't work properly, including  font size 、button border and colors。By
the way , if you want my browser is firefox 1.5 and server is jboss 3.2.6

> Any answers will be appreciated, thanks !
>

> lyore
> 2006-09-30

David Smith
Network Operations Supervisor