tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Magnus Bergman <magnus.berg...@voiceprovider.com>
Subject extending JDBCRealm
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 13:51:07 GMT
Hi,
I'm using the JDBCRealm to authorize users to access my applications.

I would like to "log" users when they login or tries to login to any
application on my tomcat, to do this I have extended the JDBCRealm and
overridden the authenticate-methods, by this I can log when and which
user login to any application on my tomcat, but I also want to log which
host/ip-number they login from? I know that information is in the
HttpServletRequest, but how do I get hold of that information in my
extended JDBCRealm? Or maybe there is a better way to solve this?

/magnus