tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Per Johnsson" <Per.Johns...@omxgroup.com>
Subject Help on settings jk 1.2.19, tomcat 5.5.12 with IIS 6.0
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 18:09:36 GMT
Hi!

We have had some major problems today on our productions serves with the config below. We
have had a hard time localizing the problem and therefor I ask you here if you have any comments.
There seems to be a some

Whe have Apache Tomcat 5.5.12 running Tomcat Native Java Library 1.1 (apr)
And we are running JK-1.2.19.

We have 4 tomcat servers and 4 IIS servers in front and a dcc beween the tomcat and iis with
sticky configured on the loadbalancer.

This is our config for the jk and I just want to check see if we have made some mistakes thou
we are not really sure.

worker.ajp13w.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13w.host=10.182.18.3
worker.ajp13w.port=8009
worker.ajp13w.socket_keepalive=True
// The for above seems to be no problem

worker.ajp13w.socket_timeout=60
// This timeout, is it better to have it zero? As I read the doc if I put it lower the jk
will make more retries often and higher lesser retries.

worker.ajp13w.connection_pool_size=100
//from the docs:
// It will limit the number of those connection that each web server child process can made...default
is 10 on IIS...
What does webserver child process when talking about IIS means, is it connections per user
or is it, What config in IIS is this? We havn't found anyone matching really?

worker.ajp13w.connection_pool_timeout=60
// This one, is it seconds? I really don't understand if it's a good thing if it's many connections
or if you want them to be kept alive.

Here is out server.xml config for the connectors:
------8<------
  <Service name="Catalina">
               connectionTimeout="5000" disableUploadTimeout="true"
               compression="on"
               compressionMinSize="2048"
               noCompressionUserAgents="gozilla, traviata"
               compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/css,text/javascript" />
               connectionTimeout="5000" disableUploadTimeout="true"
               compression="on"
               compressionMinSize="2048"
               noCompressionUserAgents="gozilla, traviata"
               compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/css,text/javascript" />

    <Connector port="8009"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" protocol="AJP/1.3" maxProcessors="250"
/>
------8<------

Today we have three connectors, is these three independent of each other or does for exampple
the ajp connector talking to the 8080 connector?

Hope some of you have some idéas of this, and any other tweaking, optimizationtricks for
tomcat together with IIS 6.0 is highly appriciated.

Sorry if I'm a little unclear, it has been a long day and it's gong to be a long night..

/Regards Per Jonsson

This e-mail and the information it contains may be privileged and/or
confidential.  It is for the intended addressee(s) only.
The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail, or any information it contains,
is prohibited.
If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from
your computer.