tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Cowley" <scott.cow...@utah.edu>
Subject RE: Datasource following appBase changes
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 23:16:28 GMT

Appreciate the prompt reply, Chuck!
That answers a lot of questions.
I was hoping I could put two subdirectories, "Development" and "Production",
below the appBase and have Tomcat serve out of them. I also hoped to have a
path for each app within each of them!
This makes it harder to set up a departmental development space.
Shoot. Oh well, have a nice Halloween!
-sc

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Tue 10/31/2006 4:08 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Datasource following appBase changes

> From: Scott Cowley [mailto:scott.cowley@utah.edu]
> Subject: RE: Datasource following appBase changes
>
> Quick correction on that previous post:
> e.g. "webapps/Production/tests.test.jsp".

There's no such thing as a context one directory below appBase; webapps
must be in the appBase directory.

In the example you give above, your context (webapp) is Production, and
within it is an oddly-named JSP.  The JSP may work, but the embedded
period may give you problems.

Where are your web.xml and context.xml files located?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.