tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "DE VINZELLES, Guillaume \(ext.\)" <Guillaume.DEVINZELLES.prestata...@neufcegetel.fr>
Subject RE: Error occurred during initialization of VM
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 07:40:47 GMT
Hi there,

I'm a bit surprised of what you get from your java -version.
It says "gij (GNU libgcj)" and as far as I know, gcj is the GNU native java compiler. I can
also see that there is a mismatch between the VM version that should be installed (1.5.0_08)
and the version returned by java -version (1.4.2). You should follow the previous advices
and reinstall the Sun JVM.

Regards,

Guillaume de Vinzelles
DSI/PFS Neuf Cegetel
Altran Technologies

guillaume.devinzelles@neufcegetel.fr

01 70 18 21 64

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jim Douglas [mailto:jdz99@hotmail.com]
Envoyé : mardi 17 octobre 2006 23:18
À : users@tomcat.apache.org
Objet : Error occurred during initialization of VM

Everything was ok last week, I just restarted Tomcat today and got this
errror message,

java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

Tomcat 5.5.14
Apache 2.2
Fedore Core 5
jdk1.5.0_08
(No VM)

java -version,  from the command line returns,
java version "1.4.2"
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.1 20060525 (Red Hat 4.1.1-1)

It seems Tomcat can't find the JVM it could previously, what could this be
from?

Jim