tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "DE VINZELLES, Guillaume \(ext.\)" <Guillaume.DEVINZELLES.prestata...@neufcegetel.fr>
Subject JDBC Pool exhaustion
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:02:40 GMT
Hello there,

We are running a Tomcat 5.5.17 on a Sun Solaris system (SunFire V240) with a Sun JVM 1.5,
and we are facing unavoidable JDBC pool exhaustions. We are using an Oracle 9i database.

Here is the JDBC entry from our server.xml:

<Resource name="jdbc/Signup" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@address:port:schema"

username="user" password="pass" maxActive="120" maxIdle="10" maxWait="5000" removeAbandoned="true"
removeAbandonedTimeout="60" />

The Tomcat manager shows around 1000 sessions on the server, which seems to be pertinent.

We can see with the JMXProxy that the JDBC pool connections are never recycled, e.g. the active
connections number is going higher and higher and never stays at the same level, which is
strange because the amount of active sessions isn't growing.

Do you have any idea about what we can do to 'force' the Tomcat server to release the unused
JDBC connections?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Guillaume de Vinzelles