tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chandler <a...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>
Subject Re: Struggling with basic database connection
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2006 17:42:06 GMT
On Sunday 01 October 2006 17:27, John Najarian wrote:
> Alan,
>
>   Did you ever resolve this?  I don't have enough
> information here to help you.

Sort of ...

The WTP plugin for eclipse copies what is in META-INF/context.xml  and writes
it into CATALINA_BASE/conf/server.xml.

So for tomcat5.0, I have relied on testing/debuging like that so far, and
achieving the same manually when I come to deploy on the production server.

At some stage soon, I will be changing to tomcat 5.5 but I am not sure where
to go to make things work then, as I am still not sure there is any
definitive guide to where these things go and how tomcat deals with a
META-INF/context.xml