tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dan Baumann <dan.baum...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Monitor Tomcat
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:48:24 GMT
On 30.10.2006, at 11:21, Thomas Nowotny wrote:
> I use a lot of tomcat in differnt systems with different jobs. Now I
> like to monitor them. I'm realy intressted in values like hit per s/
> m/h
> or something like that. I can not parse the logfiles and I don't
> want to
> use jmeter so I need another way of monitoring / graphing it. One
> of the
> best ways would be to get the data via snmp but also any other output
> (script, xml whatever) would be great.
>
> Has anyone an idea?

If you want to access the data provided by Tomcat via JMX, have a
look at these links (going from simplest to most advanced):

Tomcat JMX Proxy Servlet
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/manager-howto.html#What%20is%
20JMX%20Proxy%20Servlet

Jmx-console webapp for Tomcat
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=116162965621141&w=2

Tomcat Probe
http://www.lambdaprobe.org/

MX4J HttpAdaptor
http://mx4j.sf.net/

JManage
http://www.jmanage.org/

Hyperic
http://www.hyperic.com/

The first 3 projects are Tomcat-specific, the latter 3 are generic
JMX clients.

Cheers,
Dan