tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dan Baumann <>
Subject Re: Monitor Tomcat
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:48:24 GMT
On 30.10.2006, at 11:21, Thomas Nowotny wrote:
> I use a lot of tomcat in differnt systems with different jobs. Now I
> like to monitor them. I'm realy intressted in values like hit per s/
> m/h
> or something like that. I can not parse the logfiles and I don't
> want to
> use jmeter so I need another way of monitoring / graphing it. One
> of the
> best ways would be to get the data via snmp but also any other output
> (script, xml whatever) would be great.
> Has anyone an idea?

If you want to access the data provided by Tomcat via JMX, have a
look at these links (going from simplest to most advanced):

Tomcat JMX Proxy Servlet

Jmx-console webapp for Tomcat

Tomcat Probe

MX4J HttpAdaptor

The first 3 projects are Tomcat-specific, the latter 3 are generic
JMX clients.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: