tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Flisch <alan.fli...@becogent.com>
Subject RE: Max Memory Reading
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:55:32 GMT

The document Leon thought was outdated was this one -
http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/gc5.0/gc_tuning_5.html#0.0.0.%20Total%
20Heap%7Coutline - which also relates to  5.0!  I'm guessing from the
evidence that this doc is simply wrong.

Regards,
Alan

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 09:41 -0500, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

> > From: Alan Flisch [mailto:alan.flisch@becogent.com]
> > Subject: RE: Max Memory Reading
> >
> > It seems to be contradicted by this document
> > http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/vm/gc-ergonomics.html and by
> > my experience of seeing a near 1GB heap with no -Xmx option set
> > anywhere.
>
> Maybe I'm confused by which doc Leon thought was outdated (the perils of
> doing top-posting).  The doc referenced above matches the 5.0 code.
>
>  - Chuck

This e-mail and any accompanying documents contain confidential information intended for a
specific individual which is private and protected by law.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use
of this information is strictly prohibited.
You are also requested to advise us immediately if you receive information which is not addressed
to you.
beCogent is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.