tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Flisch <alan.fli...@becogent.com>
Subject Re: Max Memory Reading
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:26:29 GMT

It could actually be a 64 bit JVM (I didn't install it) although I
suspect not, but as I have no need to push the memory up any further
just now, I'll leave addressing that till later.

I'll maybe just make it 1600m or something for now as that should be
more than adequate.  The server isn't hammered but hosts quite a few
apps and that is why the demands on the perm gen space are higher than
is typical.

Regards,
Alan

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 15:03 +0200, Leon Rosenberg wrote:

> Hmm,
> I'm not familiar with limitations on solaris. On linux 32bit VM can
> allocate 1.6-1.8 GB depending on vendor (1.6 for sun-jdk).
>
> On the other side, if you are on 64bit OS (and you probably are, or
> how could you adress 16GB otherwise), why not using 64bit jdk?
>
> regards
> Leon
>
> On 10/13/06, Alan Flisch <alan.flisch@becogent.com> wrote:
> >
> > I thought you were safe up to 4000m (in practice a little lower) for the
> > 32 bit VM.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Alan
> >
> > On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 13:04 +0200, Leon Rosenberg wrote:
> >
> > > just as note Xmx2000m works on 64bit vm only
> > > and you can use g instead of 1000m -> -Xmx2g
> > >
> > > regards
> > > Leon
> > >
> > > P.S. You should set your ms=mx, saves time :-)

JVM docs.

I suppose

Max memory: 913.37 MB

Inc. SunOS 5.9 sparc

confidential information intended for a specific individual which is private and protected
by law.
copying, distribution or other use of this information is strictly prohibited.
you receive information which is not addressed to you.
Services Authority.