tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dan Adams <...@ifactory.com>
Subject tomcat not passing resources to my filters
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 20:38:24 GMT
Okay, I just set up a new tomcat with the latest version (5.5.20). My
webapp is using urlrewritefilter. Whenever I request a url the filter
will output what it's doing to the log even if it doesn't end up doing
anything with a url.

I've got this down to a base test case and what's happening is that if I
request a url that does not end in .html then urlrewritefilter is called
during the request and can do it's thing. But if the file ends .html
then tomcat serves up the file as-is and the filter never even gets
called. Is this something new? This seems to be something that has
changed since 5.5.17 because it didn't do this then. Anyone have any
ideas?

--
Dan Adams
Senior Software Engineer