tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mast" <mas...@tyranz.com>
Subject Re: permission on server.xml
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 20:25:09 GMT
I mean with a jsp code you can see/write file can a user write outside the
webapps defined in the server.xml? i ask this because i have already a
server with customer that with a simple jsp code write file into the conf or
bin directory (and the user was under a webapps)

>How would that "simple jsp code" get into your webapps?  Do you allow
>any user to dump arbitrary code into your system?

>BTW, tomcat-users.xml must also be writeable by Tomcat.

 >- Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.