tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Qiao Xin <...@globalpundits.com>
Subject configurations for as LDAP JNDI resource
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 12:02:35 GMT
Hi,
I found out there are samples for jdbc and javamail  as JNDI data sources in the webpage.
I need to use LDAP as well as JDBC as JNDI data sources. Are the parameters(usernamem, password,
driverClassName,url, etc) the same for LDAP? Can anybody give me a sample code? I am not sure
say what is the type of the resource.

<Context ...>
 <Resource name="ldap/MyLDAP" auth="Container"
    type="????"/>
 <ResourceParams ...>
</ResourceParams>

 <Resource name="jdbc/MyDB" auth="Container"
           type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
 <ResourceParams name="jdbc/EmployeeDB">
   <parameter>
     <name>username</name>
     <value>dbusername</value>
   </parameter>
   <parameter>
     <name>password</name>
     <value>dbpassword</value>
   </parameter>
   <parameter>
     <name>driverClassName</name>
     <value>org.hsql.jdbcDriver</value>
   </parameter>
   <parameter>
     <name>url</name>
     <value>jdbc:HypersonicSQL:database</value>
   </parameter>
   <parameter>
     <name>maxActive</name>
     <value>8</value>
   </parameter>
   <parameter>
     <name>maxIdle</name>
     <value>4</value>
   </parameter>
 </ResourceParams>
</Context>

The other questions, it seems we can use more than one resource in one web app? for example,
I can use jdbc, ldap and javamail/session JNDI resources in one web app. Is this right?
Thank you,
Qiao