tomcat-users mailing list archives

From VĂ­ctor Torres - UPF <victor.tor...@upf.edu>
Subject problem with truststoreFile in server.xml
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:14:44 GMT
Dear all,

I have configured my Tomcat 5.5.17 to require SSL client authentication. For
this purpose, I have stored my root CA certificate into a PKCS12 keystore
which I use as truststoreFile by configuring server.xml. This CA certificate
is used to sign user certificates that I want to be trusted.

The problem I have is the following:
- truststoreFile (PKCS12) contains root CA certificate + private key ->
everything works perfectly.
- truststoreFile (PKCS12) contains root CA certificate -> clients cannot
connect.

truststoreFile should not contain private keys, so why does Tomcat behave in
this way?

Thanks in advance.