tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mast" <mas...@tyranz.com>
Subject Re: problem with getcontext and context.xml
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:09:43 GMT
Well i am not sure to understand  actually with the context in the
server.xml file if i want multiple vhost i only need to do somethink like
this :

<Host name="vhost1.mydomain.com" debug="0"
appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount1"
unpackWARs="true"  autoDeploy="true">
<Context path="" docBase="" debug="1" reloadable="true" />
 </Host>

<Host name="vhost2.mydomain.com" debug="0"
appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount2"
unpackWARs="true"  autoDeploy="true">
<Context path="" docBase="" debug="1" reloadable="true" />
 </Host>

But with the new tomcat server setting you told me i don t need to have
appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount2" to a specificated appbase but
more appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps
and now you told me to have multiple appbase ? so it s not the same things
as : appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount1" ? and appbase
appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount2" for the two context ?

and to have a hierarchy like this :

/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount1/ROOT/ (where to put my website?)
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount2/ROOT/  ?
it seem much more complicated than to have the context in the server.xml
file no ? (and i am not sure to fully understand because i still don't
manage to have a single website work :) )

<Alternatively, you could put separate ROOT.xml files in
conf/[engine]/[host]
i would prefer in the META-INF for each user to manage it s own context.xml
(for the realm and stuff like that)

>Then where is the <Host> entry for default.mydomain.com?  If it's
>missing, it's surprising Tomcat does anything.
it s there : <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="default.mydomain.com">
no ?

if someone has a example of two websites with two vhosts working it would
surely help )
Right now my hierarchy is like this :
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount1/META-INF/context.xml
usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount1/WEB-INF/web.xml
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount2/META-INF/context.xml
usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount2/WEB-INF/web.xml

thx