tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mast" <>
Subject Re: problem with getcontext and context.xml
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:09:43 GMT
Well i am not sure to understand  actually with the context in the
server.xml file if i want multiple vhost i only need to do somethink like
this :

<Host name="" debug="0"
unpackWARs="true"  autoDeploy="true">
<Context path="" docBase="" debug="1" reloadable="true" />

<Host name="" debug="0"
unpackWARs="true"  autoDeploy="true">
<Context path="" docBase="" debug="1" reloadable="true" />

But with the new tomcat server setting you told me i don t need to have
appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount2" to a specificated appbase but
more appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps
and now you told me to have multiple appbase ? so it s not the same things
as : appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount1" ? and appbase
appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount2" for the two context ?

and to have a hierarchy like this :

/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount1/ROOT/ (where to put my website?)
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount2/ROOT/  ?
it seem much more complicated than to have the context in the server.xml
file no ? (and i am not sure to fully understand because i still don't
manage to have a single website work :) )

<Alternatively, you could put separate ROOT.xml files in
i would prefer in the META-INF for each user to manage it s own context.xml
(for the realm and stuff like that)

>Then where is the <Host> entry for  If it's
>missing, it's surprising Tomcat does anything.
it s there : <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="">
no ?

if someone has a example of two websites with two vhosts working it would
surely help )
Right now my hierarchy is like this :

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: