tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Java Development Team" <j...@tialios.gr>
Subject change server default enconding -Where to set JAVA_OPTS in catalina.sh for UTF8?
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 12:42:57 GMT
Hi everyone.
Iam trying to change server default enconding from ISO8859_1 to UTF8.
Till now I found 2 differrent solutions.
The fisrt one is to use the following in my catalina.sh:
set JAVA_OPTS=-Djavax.servlet.request.encoding=UTF-8 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

Putting this line in the start of my catalina.sh I get
Java not starting up, Tomcat not running.
Does anyone know how to fix this , if any specific .jars needed etc...

The second one is to use filters which i will try if dont get any luck with the above which
seems to be more efficient solution.

Thank you
Zis