tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mast" <mas...@tyranz.com>
Subject Re: problem with getcontext and context.xml
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 16:02:36 GMT
Yes but i have multiple vhost for different webapps.
I have try to put <Host name="vhost1.mydomain.com" debug="0"
appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/" like you suggest but when i launch
tomcat it seem that i only get the ROOT webapps, and how can the server know
that vhost1.mydomain.com is for /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount for
exemple
and vhost2.mydomain.com to myaccount2 if i only write appbase to where my
webapps are deployed?

Ok for the path and docBase so the context.xml is somethink like :
<Context reloadable=true /> only ?

the defaultHost attribute is default.mydomain.com only.

I have read the
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=116198740004759&w=2 and i have
deploy a default website in ROOT (with a META-INF/context.xml) but none of
my websites work.

So i have in the server.xml :

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="default.mydomain.com">
<Host name="vhost1.mydomain.com" debug="0"
appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/"
unpackWARs="true"  autoDeploy="true">
 </Host>
<Host name="vhost2.mydomain.com" debug="0"
appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/"
unpackWARs="true"  autoDeploy="true">
 </Host>

and in /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/META-INF/context.xml
    /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount1//META-INF/context.xml
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount2//META-INF/context.xml
<Context reloadable="true" />
<WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource> (taken from internet don
t know if it s necessary)

And nothing works , for default.mydomain.com i get : HTTP/1.1 400 No Host
matches server name default.mydomain.com
for vhost1.mydomain.com i get only a 404 error

What i am doing wrong ? and in this configuration how can the server know
that vhost2 is for myaccount2 and vhost1 for myaccount1 for example ?
thanks for your help