tomcat-users mailing list archives

From BRUN S├ębastien <mas...@tyranz.com>
Subject Fw: problem with getcontext and context.xml
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 15:15:18 GMT
Hi, i am new to tomcat and i have two problem :
first one in a tomcat 5.5.9 when i use the  request.getServletPath() and
request.getContextPath()
i get different answer than a tomcat 5.5.19 (or 20), has this function
change in the new tomcat?

Second question and the more important is how to use the server.xml and
context.xml to work together
here is my problem :

i would like to setup a virtual host on tomcat, so i put on my server.xml
file this :
<Host name="vhost1.mydomain.com" debug="0"
appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount/"
unpackWARs="true"  autoDeploy="true">
 </Host>

and on
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myaccount/META-INF/context.xml :
<Context path="" docBase="" override="true">
</Context>

I have try many different things (docBase="myaccount" etc)
but i always get the same answer :
Alert!: HTTP/1.1 400 No Host matches server name vhost1.mydomain.com

does anybody can help ?
Regards