tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ronny Batty" <ronny.ba...@morpheme.co.uk>
Subject RE: logging.properties and Filter problem
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:22:00 GMT
Thanks for your help, everything is working fine now, I did a clean rebuild
of the entire webapp and that inadvertantly fixed the problem. I can only
guess that there was a synchronization issue between our staging and live
servers that resulted in the logging config files not being copied across
properly. Once again thanks for the assistance.

Ronny.
-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: 24 October 2006 17:20
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: logging.properties and Filter problem

> From: Ronny Batty [mailto:ronny.batty@morpheme.co.uk]
> Subject: RE: logging.properties and Filter problem
>
> We have several sites happily running on
> 5.5.13 on Linux and I would prefer not to upgrade the server and
> potentially introduce different problems, if at all possible.

It would still be worthwhile to try 5.5.17 (or 5.5.20) on a test Linux box
and see if the problem is resolved.

> When I mentioned contexts we actually have several Host elements
> defined, each with a single Context element, we have several domains
> all pointing to the same server that each need their own webapps/ROOT.

You would normally do this with a separate appBase attribute for each
<Host>.  If you want to share the appBase, then you can put a separate
ROOT.xml file in conf/Catalina/[host] for each host you have defined.
The <Context> element in each ROOT.xml would point to the appropriate
docBase for that host.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.